Thursday, 10 February 2011

Primary & secondary colours

I am working on the exercise 'Primary & secondary colours' This requires me to take a number of shots where the scene is dominated by one of the primary or secondary colours, green, yellow, orange, red, violet or blue. My aim is to get a close match to the printed colour circle. The suggestion is to try and stay away from man-made painted surfaces. For each shot there should be one that is half a stop under exposed and one that is half a stop over.

Initial shots
First I will show some of my initial shots and from these I will select the ones that match the colours the closest. My shots are displayed in the order of 1/2 stop under, accurate exposure by camera meter and finally one stop over.

Red
Red did't prove too difficult to find. I am happy with the red colour at the correct exposure as a match to the colour wheel. The quest for the further colours continues!

Green





Green is proving incredibly difficult to match to the colour wheel.

Orange





The egg at 1/2 a stop over exposed matches orange on the colour wheel.

Yellow



Looks like the daffodils match the yellow in this shot.