My name is Simon Lawrence and I have been a keen photographer for many years. My first photographic memories are from when I was about fourteen. I used to stay at my grandparents and I can remember my Granddad showing me how to load 120 film into an old black camera that had and expanding front section. The pictures were black and white and all over the place but that didn't matter.
I'm now 46 and still love photography. There have been a few lapses over the years where time and circumstances have put things on the back burner but I have always come back to it. I am now an active member of the local camera club and sit on the committee.
If there is one thing I have learnt, it's that there is always MORE to learn and although I think my photography has come a long way I know that it can go a lot further. More than ever I am feeling the urge explore fine art and my favourite subject, photographing people.
So, I have taken the plunge and signed up for the OCA 'Art of Photography' course! I intend to stick it out to the bitter end, the Photography Degree and can't wait to get started. I hope the course is going to open up a new way of thinking and a different way of looking at things.