The art of photography has been a lot of things over the last year. At times challenging in content & time, fun, exciting and informative. I have learnt some new technical aspects of photography but the most valuable thing I take away is that I now spend more time thinking about and analysing images, both my own and those of other photographers.
Throughout this course I have explored many other artists, some famous and some less so. Many have influenced the way I look at photographs and the manner in which I now set out to make photographs. This is not always evident in the photographs I have taken for this course work. The nature of some of the exercise called for a more 'technical' approach. Also looking back over the course I now see that in some projects I took a more technical approach where an artistic view may have been possible and more appropriate, for example the assignment for 'light'.
I have always been keen on people photography and now can add to this abstract which I explored for the first time in a serious manner in 'Elements of design'. Through exploring other artists I have also become interested in street photography and aware of the importance of narrative and illustration in my work. From the learning perspective I have made many notes on how to improve the presentation and content of my next Blog
I am now looking forward to the next chapter in this adventure.