Tuesday, 28 December 2010

Waiting for Curves

I'm sitting here looking out of the window at the rain waiting to get out to take the images for my next exercise, 'Curves'. Bah! first chance to get out and the first rain since before Christmas!

In the meantime I have continued reading 'The Photograph' by Graham Clarke. As some of the other students have mentioned, it can get pretty heavy going in places! I do have to wonder sometimes if the author of the photograph actually read as much into their picture as they were taking it as the author of the book subsequently does?

For my own interest I am going to look further into the work of Lee Miller.I have come across examples of her work in various publications and have for some time been intrigued by her life. In particular the transition from model to surrealist, fashion and war photographer.